posted by
realitycheck at 01:32am on 01/06/2009 under christmas, in which i cannot get along with people, self image is poop, television
My first entry at dreamwidth. Fun. I'm hoping to use this account to get some stuff off my chest. Guess we'll see if it helps or not.
Today I finally figured out how to use the dremel tool my excellently cool father got me for christmas. Yes, I know, not so complicated, but I am the least mechanical person on earth. And I just finished re-watching all 5 seasons of Six Feet Under, also a christmas present. (Side note - I think I will use capitalization randomly for a while. Just so we're clear, it's not that I don't know how to capitalize. I do. Then again, my feelings about religious holidays make me not want to capitalize Chrsitmas. OK, I'm done now.) I had completely forgotten about the last scene of Six Feet Under. Holy crap. I wept. Fortunately, it was time to flush this particular pair of contacts anyway.
Why oh why do I think it's a good idea to get a haircut? This should not be traumatic, but for me, it always seems to be. And I quote: "Wow, what did you do, just start hacking away at this yourself?" and "I'm not going to cut the front any shorter because that will just make a bigger mess of this." OK, here's the thing. I don't care what you think of my last haircut. It's not in your best interests to be insulting and rude to me. And of course, did I say anything? No. Why? Because my overwhelming feeling that I am among the ugliest people on earth paralyzes me. I figure who am I, in my state of unbelievable ugliness, to question the judgment of a pretty person? Even if she's about 17 and works at the Hair Cuttery. Ugh.
Today I finally figured out how to use the dremel tool my excellently cool father got me for christmas. Yes, I know, not so complicated, but I am the least mechanical person on earth. And I just finished re-watching all 5 seasons of Six Feet Under, also a christmas present. (Side note - I think I will use capitalization randomly for a while. Just so we're clear, it's not that I don't know how to capitalize. I do. Then again, my feelings about religious holidays make me not want to capitalize Chrsitmas. OK, I'm done now.) I had completely forgotten about the last scene of Six Feet Under. Holy crap. I wept. Fortunately, it was time to flush this particular pair of contacts anyway.
Why oh why do I think it's a good idea to get a haircut? This should not be traumatic, but for me, it always seems to be. And I quote: "Wow, what did you do, just start hacking away at this yourself?" and "I'm not going to cut the front any shorter because that will just make a bigger mess of this." OK, here's the thing. I don't care what you think of my last haircut. It's not in your best interests to be insulting and rude to me. And of course, did I say anything? No. Why? Because my overwhelming feeling that I am among the ugliest people on earth paralyzes me. I figure who am I, in my state of unbelievable ugliness, to question the judgment of a pretty person? Even if she's about 17 and works at the Hair Cuttery. Ugh.